In Crystal Reports (CR) 8.5, there is an option called '7.0 Text Compatibility'. This option is no longer available in CR 9.
Is it possible to add this option to CR 9?
To access the '7.0 Text Compatibility' option in CR 8.5, on the 'File ' menu click 'Options'. You will see the '7.0 Text Compatibility' check box on the 'Reporting' tab.
This option was removed from CR 9 but you can add this functionality by adding a registry value.
Using the Registry Editor can cause serious problems that may require reinstalling the operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is recommended that you back up the registry before you edit it.
Add the 'Use70TextCompatability' Registry Value
1. On the 'Start' menu, click 'Run'. Type 'regedit' then click 'OK'.
2. Browse to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\SavedData
3. Right-click the 'SavedData' sub key and then click 'New' > 'String Value'.
4. Name this string value 'Use70TextCompatability'.
5. Right-click the 'Use70TextCompatability' string value then click 'Modify'.
6. Type 'Yes' in the 'Value data' text box then click 'OK'.
After following these steps you will still not see the '7.0 Text Compatibility' check box in the 'Options' dialog box; however, having the new registry string value equal to 'Yes' in CR 9 is equivalent to selecting the '7.0 Text Compatibility' check box in CR 8.5. Changing this value to 'No' in CR 9 is equivalent to clearing the '7.0 Text Compatibility' check box in CR 8.5.